Next Step After Care
Next Step services provide young people between the ages of 15 and 21 who've been in foster care or other out-of-home arrangements, support to build independent lives.
Whether you've been living in foster care, kinship care or a residential program, Next Step can support you with goals of your choice.
With program workers based at YETI and Youth Link, Next Step provides individual case management and practical support such as:
- managing money and submitting funding applications;
- finding somewhere to stay and the ins and outs of housing and accommodation;
- training, jobs and getting a resume together;
- keeping safe, strong and healthy; and,
- relationships, including friends and family.
To find out more about this program for Far North Queensland,
please contact YETI on (07) 4051 4927.
To find out more about the state-wide program go to www.nextstepaftercare.com.au
For support outside of business hours call/text 1800NEXTSTEP (1800 6398 7837).