The Day Program provides a youth friendly and culturally safe drop-in space to respond to the needs of vulnerable young people aged 12-25 in the Cairns area.
The Day Program provides support to young people in crisis. This service is primarily accessed by young people that face an array of challenges such as homelessness, mental health, rough sleeping, poor nutrition, domestic and/or family violence, alcohol and other drug use.
Services available to young people include:
- Kitchen facilities and food
- Laundry - washer and dryer
- Showers and toilets
- Computers and Internet access
- Bike tools and assistance with maintenance
- Entertainment including TV/DVDs, Pool Table, Table Tennis Table etc
- Activities and group programs - art, music and special events
- Access to a nurse (Tuesdays) and Centrelink support officer (Wednesdays)
The Day Program at YETI is open from 9am to 1pm Monday to Friday. The service is not open on weekends or public holidays.