Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) support for young people in the Cape York and Torres regions.
RADIO provides young people in remote communities with:
- Information and referrals
- Support to reduce Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) use
- Coordinated case management
- Help to improve social and emotional well being
- Help to build connections with family and community
- Connections to other services
RADIO builds regional youth AOD connections and ensures young people are supported as they move across communities and between Cairns, Cape York and Torres regions.
RADIO AOD treatment interventions are holistic and focus on connecting young people with local services to assist with:
- School and work
- Getting along better with family
- Education/ training
- Living skills development
If you know of a young person between the ages of 12 – 25 who would benefit from a supportive empowering approach to reduce, cease or become safer with their alcohol and drug use, contact RADIO. Referrals can be made by any government or non-government agency, community member, family and/or young person.
RADIO is committed to client confidentiality and informed consent processes.
RADIO works with the following partner organisations to deliver supports to young people across the Cairns, Cape York and Torres regions: